4-Day Work Weeks

It isn't worth it, folks.

I hate 4-day work weeks.

Perhaps it's just my line of work. I have a number of clients, therefore, a whole bunch of bosses and when there is one less day of work a week the demands become greater.

Everyone still wants the same amount of work done.

Not to mention that it absolutely devastates my sense of routine which is important for me to function properly. You can't make me change my ways in mid-stream.

So there's one day left...please pray for me to make it through, folks.

My mother is also down for a couple of weeks as she is having her second hip replacement.

What a remarkable lady.

I swung by the hospital a mere 3 hours after she emerged from recovery. She was already smiling and laughing. She was talking about the food (they gave her cooked carrots which she hates more than any other food in the world - I share her sentiment).

We talked about the books we were reading.

We swapped stories about our dogs.

She swore that this time she would do the extra exercises they gave her because she wants to be walking absolutely perfectly when she heads to Yankee Stadium to watch the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized American Sports.

She needs to look good for the Captain.

Mom can't wait to say goodbye to Jeter as he finishes up his playing career. She swears if she has a chance to talk to him she'll tell him all about the dog, Jeter, who has been like another child to her.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend a lot of time there on Thursday afternoon, but I will most certainly make time to head back tomorrow and Saturday as they get her up and around for rehab work.

It was the best part of my day.

Actually, the best part of the whole freaking four-day work week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie