Grape Ape Makes An Appearance


Was sitting around on Sunday night...relaxed from a dish of pasta...waiting for the birthday celebration to start...when I saw a photo of a golf course on Twitter.

"Damn. I want to golf," I thought.

So I posted that sentiment of Facebook and Pops said, "Me too."

I tried to round up a couple of more Apes, but they were already scheduled elsewhere. Then I got a tee time.

We were in. Just a twosome.

Now, full disclosure here.

My legs are a real mess. I have two MRI's and four x-rays scheduled for next week. I've had a bone scan and nerve tests. It's really painful to walk.

"Can you go?" Pops asked.

"I go to work. Can it be worse than that? We have a cart."

As soon as we confirmed everything I started to feel the excitement. I woke up on Monday morning with a feeling of dread and then it hit me:

"I'm going golfing!"

My first shot was nothing to brag about but it was down the middle. Pops' was in the cow pasture across the street.

And we went from there.

We were severely hacking over the first three holes, but the sun was shining and the conversation was good.

"We'll find it," I said.

Pops approached the tee on four and took a mighty swing when he turned back to look at me I laughed:

"The first Grape Ape of the season," I said.

He had hammered it straight and a long ways away.

Now, I'm not saying that either of us completely found our games, but I picked up 5 pars along the way and he missed three foot putts that would've bagged him a couple of birdies at least.

There was a fried baloney for me at the turn. Pops had the diet Italian Sausage with peppers and onions, and by the end I felt absolutely nothing in my completely numb legs.

But hey...it was a perfect four hours.

Just perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie