Happy Mother's Day

“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us;

when adversity takes the place of prosperity;

when friends desert us;

when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate

the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” ―Washington Irving


That about says it all, doesn't it. There is surely no stronger bond than a good mother to a child.

I have felt the force of that bond throughout my entire life, in the way that my Mom loved all of us. I was thoroughly amazed to understand that she knew everything about each one of us and that she did her job, day in and day out...just battling.

"How many loads of laundry a week did you do?" I asked her recently.

"The machine was never off," she said. "Only when we slept."

And I get a lot of things straight from my mother. The work obsession was always traced back to Dad, but as I've grown older I've come to realize that she was pushing him! Mom was the one who showed us about working hard.

Just a tremendous woman! I know what Washington Irving was speaking about!!

As for my beautiful wife:

I laugh at the way she defends her little cubbies!

They cling to her every single day...and she makes sure that they are on the right track in everything they do, and she is showing them the same work ethic...

...it still remains to be seen if they will follow her path.

But I have been blessed.

I've felt the power of strong Mommy's all my life.

Happy Mother's Day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie