Adios, Sucker

So, we've been watching The Following.

You know that one?

It has Kevin Bacon in it and a whole bunch of other angry, basically incompetent FBI guys who are trying to catch a guy who has a cult-like following of people who will kill for him.

There's a lot going on.

The other night the cult leader had two characters kneel across from one another:

Father against Son.

One had to kill the other or they were both gonna' be shot to death.

"That's a pretty easy decision," I said to my beautiful wife, "huh?"

"Oh, no doubt," she said.

"Here's a tougher one," I said. "What about me and you being forced to kneel there?" I asked.

"Oh, I'd stab the shit out of you," she said.

"Really! You wouldn't just look lovingly into my eyes until he shot both of us for not being capable of doing it to each other?"

"Oh, hell no," she said. "I have to be around for the kids."

And there we have it.

For the 2nd time in a week she has expressed the belief that I'm fairly disposable in the grand scheme of things.

"They won't give you the insurance money if you kill me," I said.

"Well, I'll explain the situation to them. I'd be under duress. They'd understand."

"And what if they don't and they deny payment?"

I had stumped her for a moment.

"Well, that'd be unfortunate, of course, but I suppose I'd have to find me a rich guy who's on the verge of collapse."

The show was winding down.

The violence of the show is almost unbearable.

As a matter of fact, I suddenly think that perhaps I'm going to have to start monitoring the shows that my beautiful wife is watching.

Damn.

She'd grab that knife without hesitation, people.

My beautiful wife.

Indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie