Happy Birthday, C.C.


For a lot of years now Chris Colantino, who is celebrating his 50th birthday today, would send me photos. Some of them showed my head on the body of something basically disgusting.

I swear I meet people that I known only on Facebook and they say:

"Geez, you're not gross. From what Chris and Pops and others do to you, you'd think you were 700 pounds."

So, keep doing it, in a roundabout way, you're making me look good.

Anywhoha...

Back to the birthday boy.

I've been writing for a long time now...and the frustrating part of writing was not having it exactly as I wanted and under my control, in regard to putting it together and signing it and sending it out. Besides, I thought a few of my covers lacked punch.

So I wanted a new cover artist.

And I thought of Chris.

So...he got a cover art assignment based on the fact that he sent me tremendous pictures of me in compromising positions with a grossly inflated weight and a ridiculous slant on grotesque.

There's a lesson there, kids:

You never know who's watching.

And I knew he'd do a terrific job because I sensed a thoroughness to his work.

And man, he was thorough!

When Chris sat down and started working the ideas just jumped at me...he'd send shot after shot after shot as he worked it through his mind.

I loved all of them.

He wasn't set.

He studied the artwork that Springsteen uses for his records...there was the wall of sound concept...there were shots with the exact font that the Springsteen people use.

In other words...

...he did more than what was expected...

...and the result was a tremendous cover.

He should be proud.

He worked himself into a regular gig.

But he's got the tough job...all I have to do is write 'em.

Happy Birthday, buddy.

Come and get your books!

Comments

chris said…
power of the pen! fifty u sob!! ll thanks cheers

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty