So Anyway



That's not Yankee Stadium. It's Citi-Freaking-Field or something like that. Like all the rest of the money hungry lesser franchises, the Mets sold the naming rights.

But I am putting the shot of the field up for the few dorky bastard Mets fans that I know. 'Cause the Mets won 4 straight against the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized Sports.

And while it isn't much of a big deal, I can take it. So I'm setting up a tribute to those goofy people who call the Mets their team.

Couple of numbers for you though:

1986.

It was a long time ago.

Yankee titles since then?

Only 5.

Including 2000.

When they whipped the hapless Mets in one of the most boring World Series in the history of the game.

'Cause the Mets sucked.

I could bring all of that up and toss it into the mix, but I'm the bigger man.

I will stay quiet about that.

I won't even mention the fact that the Yankees have a dozen more wins on the year.

That's not important.

Madoff stole the Mets money. They're still paying guys who haven't been on the team in five years. They have no chance of not losing 90.

But enjoy.

You earned it.

It's quite an accomplishment.

5 months from now you'll be rooting hard for your team in the playoffs or even the World Series.

No, not the Mets.

(I know you have two teams)

You'll be rooting for your 'other' team.

The one playing the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized Sports.

The Yankees.

The Damn Yankees.

Enjoy that sweep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie