Murder Around the Corner

The dogs and I drove by the Toys R Us store just around the corner from our house. I'd just finished reading the recap of the stabbing murder there from just a day previous.

The cops don't have many clues.

And it's different when it's less than a mile away, right?

It's actually one of the greatest mysteries of my life. How one person can kill another. I am fascinated by all of it. The level of rage required. The feelings of guilt in the aftermath. The hate required. The mental deficiency of it all.

We watch a lot of true crime around our house. The usual husband-wife sort of thing. I read true crime novels from time-to-time.

All of it just mind-boggling to me.

And they always do the time line. Saying that the perp had time to kill someone and then get in their car and go to their kid's piano recital or something.

And I wonder.

Wasn't the guy sweating a little?

Did he just shake hands with the guy next to him, knowing what he did?

They say OJ was chipping golf balls in his front yard as he waited for the limo to pick him up after the double murders.

Was he chipping okay?

I usually have to really concentrate when I'm chipping a golf ball. I imagine a double murder would distract me from the task at hand.

The yellow tape was up around the store.

As a writer might, I imagined the scene.

I thought of the anguish on the faces of all those people who stopped in to just buy a new video game.

Why is this world so nuts?

Why is there so little value on human life?

Still a mystery to me.

But if we can't make changes after 20 little kids get shot in the face we aren't really in all that much of a hurry to change it.

Perhaps it is just too fascinating.

What a damn shame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty