All the News Fit to Print

Anywhoha...

It's been awhile since we touched base.

1). Got a text from a friend of mine when the Marriage Act was altered with the Supreme Court vote.
I mentioned that it would not change how I viewed my sexual appetites and that I wasn't arrogant enough to believe that I should be commenting on who another person appears to love. That is a helluva' hot button item though, isn't it?

I don't much get it. Discrimination against humans based on how you feel is a tad arrogant, right?

2). The Aaron Hernandez thing really does blow my mind. Now they are thinking he may have known something or had something to do with a double murder from the year before?? This isn't much about football. It's pure, simple evil and if any or all of it is true he's certainly a messed up kid. I hope and pray that he doesn't wiggle free if he is indeed responsible. Because I know people will cheer him again if he does step back on the field. See Ray Lewis - they're building a statue of that POS.

3). This weather sucks, huh?

4). I'm a bit frosted at the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized Sports. They are so short-handed and while they may be getting guys back soon it is aggravating to watch them just now. I can imagine what Uncle George would be doing if he were still here and damn...they're the Yankees...not the pitiful O's...not the hapless Phils....not the Miserable Mets.

The Yankees!

Let's go!!

5). Basketball was a huge item around the house this year - they have done a good job of selling the NBA to my kids, that's for sure, and since I don't have a say around here I got to watch it all, and it was a bit like wrestling. Good guys, bad guys, smart guys and sorry to say...dumb guys.

We even watched the draft the other night.

My two favorites:

One guy got up there and gave a shout-out to 'my brother, who's locked-up just now.'

I laughed really hard when Jake did the imitation of the voice and said:

"Just wanna' say Hi to my bro' who is currently in a cage somewhere."

The second one was the guy who took the microphone after being asked the question:

"What kind of guy are you?"

"I'm humble," he said. "I'm a great rebounder and a great scorer."

He's lucky I wasn't on the other end of the mic...'cause I would've laughed at him.

6). The kids went to basketball camp. Good times were had by all. I can't say as I rested much when they were gone, and my beautiful wife didn't miss them at all - 'cause she was with them anyway. She went from work to their games and then talked about how they might be doing the rest of the time.

Motherly love.

It's incredible.

Have a great week, folks.

I'm sure that there will be plenty of bad behavior to count on as the days go by.

What the hell else is there to do as we sit around and watch it rain?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie