I Spy

Remember when we all laughed at Maxwell Smart and his telephone shoe?

There has always been something interesting about being a spy, or spying on someone else.

That's what makes the NSA story so exciting to everyone, I guess.

Yet what gets me about it is how scandalous it appears on the surface. Just another example of Obama turning the constitution on its ear as he works to turn the United Sates of American into a Muslim country.

Right?

Whatever.

It doesn't matter that the policy of monitoring telephone and other activities was started B.O. (Before Obama).

Why let the facts get in the way?

Yet the interesting part to me is that people are actually worried about it.

Check all my crap.

The daily blog, the Facebook rants, the Twitter remarks.

I don't care. If it stops a terrorist attack we'll all cheer, right?

And I don't think they're gonna' monitor any of us too long.How long do you think they'd monitor my nonsensical ravings?

What kills me about it is that people actually think it's private anyway.

If you put a photo of your dog or your kid or your hamster on the Internet there's a chance it can be seen by people you had no intention of letting see it.

That's the gig.

Your text messages don't disappear once they are deleted from your phone.

They are actually saved for all the world to see.

I bring this all up because one of my construction clients had one of their employees post a photo to a social web page in which he was actually breaking a bunch of OSHA rules.

Can they government cite the contractor for such a photo?

Of course they can!

And that's why the whole scandal seems sort of senseless to me.

There's a camera on every corner. Your words are free to be evaluated. When you bring your cell phone with you for the ride in the get-a-way car you're gonna' get caught.

Real quick.

It's the downside of technology, I suppose.

And no, it wasn't addressed in the constitution because they couldn't get a message from one end of the country to the other in less than a month.

"What would our forefathers say?" some genius asked on Facebook the other day.

"They'd say 'Holy Shit' this is cool!" I answered.

Big brother is watching?

It didn't start last week, my friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie