New York! New York!


I'm heading to New York on Saturday.

It's June 22nd.

Should've been Jeff's birthday.

So I'm heading to New York and I'll appear on a panel as an honoree to talk about Oh Brother! The Life & Times of Jeff Fazzolari.

And I'm going to make it funny.

I'm not quite sure why this trip is so important to me. I've been to other cities to talk about the books. Jeff's book has made itself quite a name at ten out of ten festivals.

But there's something about New York.

My plan is to head in and make the appearance and then find a place to have a big Italian meal and perhaps a couple of shots of grappa.

And then I'm going to get on the plane and come right home.

It's Jeff's birthday.

I'm gonna' spend it talking to total strangers about him.

I can almost hear his voice whispering in my ear.

"You better make those bastards laugh."

I will.

I promise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty