Do You Understand What I'm Saying to You?

There wasn't a better television show than The Sopranos.

I've never been so invested in the lives of a group of people. I most likely never will be again.

And it all started and ended with the actor who played Tony Soprano.

James Gandolfini was made to play that role. He had the mannerisms down, the attitude, the voice.

Damn, it was a voice that I heard all of my life.

My grandpa had that voice. My uncles had that voice. My Dad had that voice for sure.

The title of this blog is something that Tony Soprano said on the show and was isolated and is replayed on the Howard Stern Show almost every morning.

Do you understand what I'm saying to you?

Close your eyes and listen to Gandolfini say it.

Damn!

And 51 years old?

There won't be a Soprano's movie.

His wife is a widow.

His kids are missing their Dad.

None of us are going to make it out alive.

The money you make doesn't matter.

How great the show was doesn't matter.

How much your work was admired doesn't matter.

You know, it's funny, but I was so invested in the show that at the end of it I really, really didn't want to see the final scene.

I didn't want Tony Soprano to die.

I wanted it to fade to black so that they could live forever.

No one goes forever.

Not even Tony Soprano.

Damn.

RIP to one of the actors in my top 2 with Jack Klugman.

Damn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie