Waking Up Slowly

I guess I'd be considered an early-riser. I haven't slept past 7 a.m. in about ten years. Normally I wake up around 5 and wish I could sleep a little more. I've been in a real bad stretch lately, waking way too early and then feeling tired as the long day hammers away.

On Sunday morning the sun was shining in the Buffalo area.

That's no small feat.

I woke around 6:15. Feeling good. I hadn't battled it all night.

"We slept in," I said to Melky.

"I don't have a problem sleeping," she seemed to say back.

"Let's just wake up slow," I answered.

(We discuss all sorts of shit).

I got the news of the day from my Twitter feed.

The tragedy of life is what dies in a man as he lives. - Albert Schweitzer.

I thought about that for a little while.

There was another line in someone's feed that also hit me.

What I've learned about life I can sum up in 3 words: It Goes On.

Yep.

Now we are all gonna' try and figure out the motives of the bombers.

We are hoping the young guy lives so once he's nursed back to health we can sentence him to death.

He made his bed.

No sympathy.

"And we wait for the next one," Melky seemed to say.

(Melky is a bit of a philosopher)

It will go on.

Did we learn?

The sun shined and I thought of Neil Diamond.

He flew into Boston and asked if he could swing Sweet Caroline during the 7th inning stretch of Saturday's Suck Sox game.

Just a classy thing to do.

I watched his performance on YouTube with my boys looking over my shoulder.

When I went to talk my voice was cloudy with emotion.

It goes on.

And sometimes it's really cool.

When we all try and be human.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie