Two Thumbs Up

So Siskel and Ebert have been reunited.

I don't think I ever watched their television show or read their movie reviews. Yet I knew a lot about them because they were on Howard Stern a lot. Two funny guys. Ebert was even quicker. They dominated that industry.

I'm sure Howard will give a moving tribute.

It was a weird week.

Kim Jong Un threatened the United States with a nuclear strike. Word of the threat came down as the Sabres were on the verge of trading their captain and making one person in our house sad.

"Will they nuke us?" Jake asked as I came through the door one evening.

"No," I said. "They've been threatening us for years."

"What if they finally do it?" Jake asked.

"I hope they do it before the trade deadline," Sam said.

Sounds a little weird, right?

Wrong.

The front page of the Buffalo News was about the hockey trade instead of the nuclear threat.

I mentioned the fact that the paper may have buried the lead story and my friendly neighborhood convenience store clerk laughed with me.

"If they did drop a nuke on us most of the clueless people in this country won't even notice," she said.

Yeah, seems that way.

Mid-week I took a steroid injection in my groin area.

(Keep the jokes to yourself, Pops and Renaldo).

The rest of the week was a bit cloudy as I tried to not let it keep me down.

"You're an animal," Sam said when I returned from work the next day.

"Either that or a moron," I answered.

Shackled and Drawn, shackled and drawn, pick up the rock, son, carry it on.

By the end of the week the idea that the next work week starts in 60 hours was sort of depressing. It was time to get a little rest.

So on the week when Ebert passed on after taking a leave of presence, my beautiful wife put a movie into the player.

Channing Tatum again.

(I think she likes him).

(Because he reminds her of me).

It was a movie about looking back Ten Years at a high school reunion.

It was filled with thoughts of regret, longing, desperation, despair, and happiness.

It was actually pretty well done.

We both liked it.

Two thumbs up.

RIP Ebert.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty