Just Swinging a Club



I still shouldn't be playing golf.

By the end of the round it was rough to hit my shot and then sit in the cart to go to the next shot.

The good news, it's not swinging the club that bothers me. The pain caused by sitting down is the problem. And by the end of the round it was mentioned:

"I always wondered what it'd be like to golf when we were 70 years old. Now I know."

And it occurs to me that my hip is pretty much shot.

But you know what?

I still want to golf regularly this year.

I hit the ball well. Straight down the middle most of the time. I clobbered some fairway woods.

Of course I putted and chipped like a mentally deficient monkey, but that's almost to be expected.

And speaking of monkeys.

The Apes were in fine form.

King Ape won by 9 strokes. He stayed mostly out of trouble all day. There were only a couple of moments of true despair on anyone's part, and it got to where I just knew I wasn't going to miss-hit anything.

And that's half the battle.

The ride home was rough as all I kept thinking was ice and rest, rest and ice.

So why would I put myself through the pain?

Look at the photo above.

It was 65 degrees with a nice cross-wind. The sun shined on our faces a little. The deepest conversation we had was:

"How far away?"

For the first time in months, I relaxed.

Just me and a few buddies and a little ball.

I've got 7 days to get this freaking hip back into shape to do it again.

Now to think about my chipping.

Comments

deafjeff said…
This Ape finally figured out which end of the putter works better and I could have thrown them off the tee farther than I hit them. I'm ready to play 9 tomorrow!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie