Tramps Like Us



Bruce's first house is for sale.

It's a beauty, huh?

Before you scoff, it was just a short walk from the beach and Bruce sat in the front room and wrote Born to Run and Thunder Road there.

Do you have an extra $349,000 sitting around?

It's yours.

Damn, I must say, and it's odd to say such a thing, but it would be a cool thing to own, you know?

I don't know why, but it sorta' would.

Bruce told me that it was the first house that he lived in on his own. Given how he grew up, being shuffled from one relative to another, it had to be cool to finally get some peace and quiet.

I don't have an extra $350,000 kicking around though.

Honestly, the next people who buy it will most likely turn it into a shrine of sorts and charge twenty bucks for people to come by and sit on a couch that looks like the beat-up one Bruce might have sat on.

They'll get the cover charge too.

Years ago my buddy and I went to see Bruce at the CNE in Toronto. The woman at one of the stands posted a sign:

BRUCE ATE HERE!!!!

I went straight to the stand.

"What did he have?" I asked.

"The corned beef sandwich with a pickle and chips," the lady said.

I didn't have six nickels to rub together but I ordered one.

I took the first bite with my roommates eyes on me.

"Are you fu%&ing kidding me?" he asked. "Do you really believe he came out in the middle of the grandstand and ordered a greasy sandwich?"

It sort of dawned on me that it most likely wasn't true, but I ate the sandwich in 3 bites anyway.

You could probably get me to take out a mortgage on that shit box pictured above!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie