Different Point of View

Love the line in Dylan's Tangled Up in Blue:

We always did feel the same way, we just saw it from another point of view.

Isn't it weird that we try and put a spin on it when a monster gets caught damaging others? We want to know why he did it. We just can't understand the warped thinking.

There's a train of thought out there that says the media is partly to blame for some of the continued unrest among the general public, but how are they gonna' not tell us who did it?

Isn't everyone in the media nowadays anyway?

We want to know.

Who did it?

Why?

Be honest. When the bombs went off you had your personal beliefs on who was responsible, right?

Brown guy with deep religious beliefs, hates America.

My sister sent me a text a little while ago:

"Reading East of Eden again."

It made me go and get my copy. I've read it a half dozen times. I'm reading it again a bit more slowly. I want to write down the great thoughts.

Steinbeck opens a chapter about the very thing that confuses us now.

Are people born mentally defective?

Can we understand the missing link in someone's brain that makes them violent, or deceptive, or just plain off?

I've never understood those who kill in the name of religion, but of course that's because my learned religion has been very different.

I was taught that God means love.

Evidently its a very different God elsewhere.

There are lots of people who kill in Jesus' name.

"Why would someone drop a bomb and kill little kids?" My Mom asked me when I had a chance to talk to her about it.

"Who knows?"

"Something wrong with people like that," she said.

Yep.

Perhaps that's all that it really is.

How do we stop that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie