The Quest for Twenty-Eight - Baseball Preview

I must admit I whiffed on a few of my predictions last year.

I thought the O's and A's would suck.

They didn't.

I thought the Yanks would win #28.

They didn't.

So where do we start this year? I had a lot of the playoff teams right last year, and the Giants in the World Series, but I had them losing it.

Let's start in the National League. (Get the boring crap over with).

In the East there are two playoff teams:

The Nationals and the Braves.

The hapless Phils and the pathetic Mets won't get close.

In the Central I like the Reds to qualify, but the Pirates will just break their streak of under .500 seasons. I'm going 82 and 80 for them.

In the West we will have two more playoff teams: The Giants and the Dodgers. The rest of the division sucks. The Dodgers payroll adjustments have been crazy. I wanna' hate 'em, but Donnie Baseball is their manager.

Who makes it to the World Series?

I'm going against conventional wisdom here. Everyone is saying Nationals.

I'm saying Braves.

The Upton brothers will work well together.

Okay, the American League where the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized Sports plays.

There are a lot of people down on the Yankees chances because a few of their guys are injured to start the year. It's a real long season. The first three weeks don't matter much if you can tread water. I think they'll be a lot better than people are saying. They are filled with true pros...from Ichiro to Andy to Mariano to the pro of all pros...the Captain. Until those guys are gone, they will figure out how to win.



So from the East:

The Yankees and the Blue Jays, who are the latest to benefit from the worst owner in sports, Jeffrey Loria. How can he be expelled from the game? The Marlins will lose 125 games and draw less than a million fans.

The Central?

The freaking Tigers. Verlander gets every pitch, and he's great besides. Miggy is the best hitter in the sport if he stays sober. They swept the Yankees out last year. It was disgusting. Just getting over that.

The West?

Hard to ignore the Angels buying Hamilton after buying Fat Albert. I don't think their pitching is very good, but Trout is the best player in the game now, and they went cheap with his contract and it aggravated him...so we'll see you in New York soon...when the luxury tax woes are behind us!

There will be a second team out of there and I'm thinking it will be Texas again. But just barely. The A's hang in with a bunch of garbage all around. Somehow.

Who comes out of the AL?

Ask yourself.

Who's writing this blog?

Dwell hard on what team my heart follows.

Look at the above photo again.

Yankees over Braves.

(Hi Larry).

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't think they can get enough Getitol to make it through the season...
L
Anonymous said…
Invest in Geritol
They're going to need it...
Anonymous said…
I know why you like the Yanks so much.
They're all old and broken down just like you!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie