Accidental Racist

Have you heard the song, Accidental Racist, by Brad Paisley and LL Cool J?

It's a real treat.

It combines the good-heart sensibility of country-western music and the downright brilliance of hip-hop.

Who would've thought that such two mediums could mix into such a listening treasure?

Then, to top it off, it teaches us a lesson about how the white man and the black man are really just the same sorts of men and that we should look at one another with empathy and respect, and that when the song is over we can all hug it out.

Forget slavery.

Forget gun violence.

Forget the rebel flag.

Forget the low-hanging pants.

We can all just get along.

What a song!

It makes you think. It makes you feel. It makes you a little sad.

Okay...everything I said above this sentence is absolute garbage.

It might be the worst song I've ever heard.

First off, I can't do the country, 'I have a lesson' songs. I don't mind some of the songs, but the idealistic, in your face, this-is-how-you-should-be-living-your-life stuff drives me nuts.

I love Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson and a few others...

Not much of a Brad Paisley fan based on this song.

Then there's the hip-hop.

I don't get that at all.

But I do get that some people like it.

There's just too much in-your-face anger with me.

LL Cool J has the voice for it. He's pissed off from the first line out of his mouth.

"Dear Mr. White Man," he yells to begin it all.

And then the song devolves into one of the worst cliche pieces of drivel that I've ever heard.

With Paisley harmonizing LL Cool J has these two gems:

"If you don't mind the gold chains, we'll forgive you the iron chains."

WHAT???????

If Mr. White Man stops picking on you about your bling, you'll give us a pass on that slavery and hanging you from a tree stuff?

First off, I didn't do that to you.

No one I know did that.

Wear whatever the hell you want as well.

Then there's this one:

"The Mason-Dixon needs some fixin.'"

Are you kidding me?

I write something every day. I've written a million words. The only reason I'd write, "The Mason-Dixon needs some fixin'" is to make fun of it.

I've heard the song three times.

Twitter is all over it.

They'll sell a million downloads.

They'll be on every talk show talking about how they're trying to save race relations.

I'd tell you to listen to it so you can make up your own mind about it, but I like my readers.

Don't do it to yourself.

It's accidental garbage.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty