Paging Peter Pang

The return trip from Nebraska was an absolute nightmare.

I was on the tiny plane from Omaha to Chicago scrunched in between two guys who were a little husky (they are probably writing their blogs talking about the husky guy in the middle), and I didn't say a word to either one of them.

As the plane landed I sent a text to my beautiful wife:

"No big insurance check, so far, landed in Chicago."

I got a notice that I had 72 freaking emails and clicked on just one:

FLIGHT DELAY NOTICE

They were advising me that my flight from Chicago to Buffalo would be delayed because, get this:

THEY DIDN'T HAVE A FREAKING PLANE!!!!

So I would have plenty of time to wander around, sit on a hard chair, look for Bulls gear for Sam, who loves them for some reason, and:

EAT

I started my wait with a salami panini sandwich with pepperjack cheese.

It was a small sandwich. All for just $9.95.

I added a bag of warm nuts (go for it, Pops).

My wife answered my text:

"Rats"

Then an hour later an egg roll.

Two hours later an ice cream cone. (It was good).

I still had two hours to go because the board told me that the plane still hadn't arrived.

I sat on a hard chair.

The man at the gate sent out a page.

"PAGING PETER PANG!"


I laughed, and I wasn't alone. The young lady seated three seats down also giggled.

"PAGING PETER PANG!"


The guy announced again a couple of minutes later.

What the hell?

I had time, and an audience of one. I edged over to the man with the microphone.

"I think the 'G' is silent," I said.

The girl laughed. I laughed. The humorless a-hole with the microphone scowled.

I still had plenty of time.

I posted the moment on Facebook because what is life without a post?

A good friend of mine posted a photo of Peter Pan in green tights and the hat back.

"PAGING PETER PANG!"


The guy said it again.

I got up and went over to him.

"I found him," I said.

The guy was super annoyed.

"I'm gonna' call security," he said, but then he laughed.

I don't think Peter Pang ever showed up.

But our plane did.

7 hours after I arrived at the freaking airport!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie