What's Your Take?

How come everyone needs to have an opinion these days?

Why isn't it just restricted to the genius behind the Thoughts of a Common Man blog?

What does it mean, anyway, to "listen to someone's take?'

You hear it all the time.

"Hi, I'm a first-time caller, long-time listener. I just wonder if you think it's right for people to collect welfare and still spend money on cigarettes. I just want to hear your take. I'll hang up and listen."

That is the actual thought processed on one of the talk shows I was listening to yesterday.

How'd the guy respond?

"My take is that people shouldn't smoke."

My take on that was:

"What the F*&% am I listening to!"

Yet everyone having a take seems to be a real problem these days.

What the hell is a pundit? And where the hell do they come up with the panel of experts?

I'd much rather get my news from the comedians who are sending tweets as the conventions go along.

Bill Maher:

"Chris Christie is a good speaker so I was somewhat surprised when his argument collapsed and the stage didn't."

Rob Delaney is another comedian who has a million of them.

Yet Maher is also a problem on the left side as Big Fat Rush is on the Right.

Both are taken as spokesmen for the party that they are thought to be affiliated with.

Do I have that right?

Is Rush a Republican?

The problem being that at least Maher is funny.

So I have a real problem with everyone having an opinion on everything. Can't we just all keep our mouths shut?

Ah hell, who am I kidding?

It would be nice if some of the experts sprinkled a bit of truth in now and again, but I can't even make that argument with a straight face.

Let's all just keep spewing our bull crap.

It's what makes this country great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty