I'm Okay...Really, I Am

About ten years ago George Steinbrenner was being interviewed and he said:

"I want the Yankees to win every day because we have a lot of fans and they have better days if we win."

I remember hearing that and thinking:

You know what, Uncle Georgie is right. We do feel better when they win.

The Yankees haven't been winning a lot lately. The ten game lead they had is all gone and if they don't get on their horses soon, the playoffs may begin without them.

And you'd think that my entire existence was based on whether or not the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Sports Franchise in the History of the World won or lost on any given day.

I must tell you:

I'm okay.

I will survive a playoff-less season if that is what happens.

I have been cranky during the games lately as I can't understand how an entire team can stop hitting at once, but it's just baseball.

It's an amusing distraction from life.

I've always got that. Even when the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Sports Franchise in the History of the World were winning every day earlier in the season.

"Do you feel a sense of panic?" A reporter asked Jeter yesterday.

"How do you deal with panic?" Jeter shot right back at her. "I mean, really, what would be the answer to panic?"

"I'm not sure," she said. "How would you deal with it?"

"I don't panic," he said.

I had to laugh at that.

Panic?

Derek Jeter?

He has five rings, a couple of mansions, supermodel women (who aren't no Kathy Fazzolari) but I imagine that he's making do.

Winning isn't easy. The 27-Time World Champion Greatest Sports Franchise in the History of the World have always had their way with their opponents but now the rest of baseball has the benefit of splitting the money the Yankees make for the sport.

If they win they will have to earn it.

If they lose, they will have earned that as well.

That's how life works.

No one said it'd be easy.

But why panic?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie