Let Me Try to Spin This

I'm not going to get into the statement. I won't even tell you which side it came from.

Perhaps you can figure it out on your own.

Yet the best part of the presidential debate in this land occurs when one or other of the candidates steps into a huge pile of dung.

"That's not what he meant to say," one of the "experts" said. "This is what he meant."

The woman that I listened to try and make sense of the so-called dumb statement was 100% counter to the words that came out of her candidates mouth.

"I'm just saying that the context was wrong."

"I know what it sounded like, but please listen to this point: it's not even close to what you heard?"

It's a sleight of hand, people.

"The polls show that you're way behind," the CNN guy said.

"Oh the polls aren't even close. These polls are the exact opposite of what it says. You say our candidate has 44% of the vote. We say that the other guy has 44% of the vote. We are winning! Believe me."

I really wish that the old Pinnochio deal would work.

Let's see their noses grow as the lies come out of their mouths.

Wouldn't that be fun?

And what really sickens me. Really, really sickens me about all of it is that we will never know the true story.

The people who built this country and keep it standing with their hard work will never know which lie is less true.

And make no mistake:

There are more hardworking people out there than there are deadbeats and/or fat cats.

"You have to believe me," the "expert" was saying. "We wouldn't be purposely putting out information that would mislead the great people of this country."

Two men say they're Jesus, one of them must be wrong.

That's an old Dire Straits line.

I think of it each and every time that I hear a candidate talk.

In the end, though, I believe that Knopfler got it all wrong.

Two men say they're Jesus. I'm guessing that both of them are wrong.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am in fact delighted to glance at this weblog posts
which includes lots of useful data, thanks for providing
such information.

Review my web site - modern outdoor furniture

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie