All Right! Enough Already!

I know that they're public service announcements.

I appreciate that they're supposed to shock us into better behavior.

I understand that they are persuasive.

But...

Can we do away with the commercials to stop smoking?

Every commercial is worse than the one before.

There's a guy coughing up a lung.

A woman with a hole in her throat.

A child telling us he misses his Mommy.

Isn't life sad enough as it is?

Do you think the people who smoke have never heard that it's bad for them?

"Oh really! Inhaling smoke has a detrimental affect? Damn, I'm done!!"

But if that's not enough, now we have the public service announcements regarding texting.

This was the text message I was looking at when I drove into the back of the tractor-trailer and became brain-damaged.

I get it!

We want to stop people from texting and driving. It will help all of us.

No more smoking!

No more texting!!

Stop with the gallon of soda!!!

But please stop showing me the inside of a diabetic foot.

I'm trying to watch Judge Judy here.

I just want to relax after work.

Please don't make me feel like hanging myself in the garage.

Comments

John said…
You don't need to hang yourself, just have a cigarette and text a friend while following a tractor trailer. Done. (unless you end up more brain damaged instead))

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie