Plenty of Anger

I doubt that many Americans knew who Christopher Stevens was before this morning, and the diplomats death in Benghazi is surely senseless, but what is even more senseless are those who kill in the name of religion.

How long has this been going on, by the way?

Since the start of time, right?

And man it really hits hard. Americans killed by ruthless cowards for what?

A YouTube video that apparently is seen as blasphemy to a god?

I'm telling you, there really isn't a reason to feel shock anymore. We come off the "anniversary" of 9/11 and we are immediately greeted with such somber news.

And it isn't about GOP and Liberals.

It isn't about guns or gun control.

It's all about death and violence in a world that just doesn't need anymore.

"We need to nuke all of them off the face of the Earth."

"They should turn the entire Middle East into a parking lot."

"Those people are crazy. They have no value for human life."

All things I heard this morning as I listened to talk radio.

The anger was evident in the voice of every single caller, and the anger was certainly justified.

I couldn't stop shaking my head in wonder.

When are all of the murders going to lead to a different answer?

I always think about what others think of Americans after a mass shooting. Do they look at one another and say:

"Those people are crazy, they have no value for human life?"

Perhaps when it comes right down to it, nobody truly does. When you're killing in the name of religion it's downright despicable.

There's no one to blame, but plenty of anger, right?

By the way, I can already hear the responses to this:

"We NEED TO MURDER THEM! - you peace-loving bastard."

Yep, that'll work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie