You Were Wrong...Doesn't that Suck?


The Super Bowl was good, huh? My kids really let me have it after the game because I had incorrectly chosen the Patriots as the NFL Champs for 2012.

Geez, give me a break. I made the choice before the season started!

They were bashing me, however, because I may have mentioned, 75 or 300 times that I'd correctly predicted the Packers the year before and that I was way smarter than everyone else. As Jake so eloquently put it as the Hail Mary dropped untouched.

"You were wrong, oh wise one, doesn't that suck?"

I love my kids.

Of course, I wasn't upset either way. I just enjoy the spectacle of the Super Bowl and it's well done, right down to the lip-syncing ex-sexpot.

I wasn't impressed with Madonna. It was too polished and she wasn't really singing. It was better than rap music, mind you, but not a lot. It was sort of boring.

At least Bruce and McCartney actually sang their way through their performances.

The commercials were also a little disappointing. I liked the Seinfeld and Ferris Bueller ones, but vampires getting vaporized by car headlights? The dog retrieving the beer is done every year and the freaking polar bears...God help me! I hate the polar bears and the happiness deal presented by Coke.

I don't drink a lot of pop, but I never thought of happiness when I did.

The Clint Eastwood commercial?

What the hell was that?

I lost my train of thought halfway through.

But all-in-all a good show. Brady was great, Manning was great...the game came down to the end...and most importantly...

...I won a square to cover all the squares that I bought for the kids that were busting my balls after the game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie