Hooker Motels


Tom Brady is in trouble here in Buffalo because he said that there aren't any good hotels in the area.

Poor guy.

First off, Brady is public enemy number one around here anyway because he is married to a supermodel (she ain't no Kathy Fazzolari) and because he's a great quarterback who comes around regularly and beats the piss out of the home team.

I actually kind of like watching him play. He's so good its tough not to admire him a little. He's kind of right about the hotels too.

But he makes his living with a ball, people!

Who cares if he doesn't like our hotel rooms?

In any regard, I can certainly tell Tom about poor living conditions in hotel rooms. I stayed at a Comfort Inn in Syracuse on Thursday and the Internet didn't work, the toilet wouldn't flush, the comforter smelled like feet, and the bed was sloped so that no matter where I turned I felt like I was heading uphill.

A few years ago, in an unfamiliar town I stopped at a motel that had a Chinese Buffett attached. I had been sick of driving and how bad could the place be, right?

I should have known when I was charged just $39.00 for the room. The guy originally asked me how long I'd be staying.

"Through the night," I said.

He looked surprised.

It's pretty bad when you don't want to even enter the bathroom.

Even worse when you worry about the sheets and what you might catch.

I do hope that Brady had a good room for the week in Indy. If all things were equal I'd be rooting for the Giants in the big game, but since I picked the Pats at the beginning of the season it's impossible to back out now.

New England 38 Giants 35.

Brady wins it on the last drive.

Then he spends the summer in Buffalo learning that it's a pretty cool place to hang out.

Even if our teams suck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie