A Van Meets a SUV

So, feeling good, living in my own skin, huh? Why do I write such things? As soon as I mention that life is basically livable...

...BAM!

I stopped at a stop sign and waited patiently as the line of cars on the Robert Moses Parkway was long. The guy driving the big van behind me didn't actually feel like stopping.

When you are operating a vehicle that does not come to a stop when the vehicle in front of you has stopped there will be a loud...

...CRASH.

It kind of pisses you off, you know.

I got out quick. The guy was out of his vehicle even quicker.

"I'm a freaking idiot!" he exclaimed.

"I was just going to say that," I said.

He pointed to his new shoes. They were shiny brown workboots.

"I just bought these yesterday. My foot slipped off the brake and when I went to hit it, I hit the gas."

"I hate your new boots," I said.

We assessed the damage. There was enough to file a police report.

"How do you feel?" he asked.

I felt all right then, but the back and neck stiffened up quickly.

I went to work anyway.

What's the difference?

Life is a colossal pain in the neck.

"Wanna' buy my boots?" the guy asked as we got ready to part company.

We won't see one another again. His insurance guy will meet my insurance guy.

"Ah, what're you gonna' do?" I asked as I shook his hand and wished him well.

That's what I get for being in a good mood yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie