How Do You Want To Be Remembered?

The passing of Joe Paterno was sad to me on a couple of different levels.

First, I felt for his family and fans.

Secondly, I felt bad for him.

I did.

But man, it really galled me to see people glossing over the fact that he didn't do more when he knew about the Sandusky deal.

I don't believe he deserves a statue. I don't believe people should be adorning his statue with gifts.

Make no mistake:

He knew.

And not only did he know about the abuse the first time, but the second and third time too.

And he should have done more.

And knowing he didn't, probably helped to kill him.

And I do feel bad for that.

But worse than all that, I feel bad for the people who are defending him. He doesn't deserve you standing up for him. He knew what he was risking.

What he risked, and lost, was his perfect reputation.

That was his decision, not mine.

Does that make him a horrible man?

Probably not. He will be judged.

I heard today that there are groups planning to protest him at his own funeral.

That makes me sick.

All of it does.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie