I Don't CARE!!!!!

I am always wrong when I get into these political arguments, but why the hell is the Republican platform:

"I love Jesus, I own a gun and we all hate gay people?"

Let's take them one at a time.

I love Jesus too. This is a Christian country, but I don't think less of you if you worship someone else. As long as you're a decent human being, fine. No one has a freaking clue what transpires after we exit anyway, so why pretend that you do. Tebow all you like. We fought for our religious expression. Keep it in your speech. Keep it out. Just don't expect me to vote for you because I think you go to church. You're probably banging an intern or trying to get toilet paper from the guy next to you anyway. Always remember one thing:

You're most likely a disgusting, immoral slob anyway.

I don't own a gun. I don't want your gun unless you are using it to blast away senators or the ex-wife and your four kids. Keep your gun. Go shoot some cans. Hold it under your pillow and pretend you're in the Old West. I could care less. I do think you should have to prove that you're mentally competent enough to handle it, and if you aren't, you shouldn't have one.

Fair enough.

And finally, the one that really grinds my gears.

Why in the hell are we always talking about 'gay this' and 'gay that' whenever there is a presidential debate and/or election coming up?

The states seem to be making the laws. We have gay marriage here in New York, and you know what, it hasn't changed my life one iota.

I'm not gay. If you are, that's fine. Let's all be quiet about it now, can't we? The chance that a gay person is going to directly compromise my way of living is none. I know some gay people, obviously. It's part of our society. I don't think less of them.

Because I don't care! I don't see them having sex. I don't know what religion says on the deal. Maybe it was Adam and Steve. Who the hell knows?

I've never seen any of my straight friends have sex either. I have no interest in watching anyone go at it.

Yet every debate raises the issue.

We are fighting all over the world. Banks collapse, CEO's steal bushels filled with money. A fifth of the people in this country are starving. You can't send your kids to college without having to eat anything but dog food when you get older, and the most pressing issue on the table is can 'Elizabeth get married to Melissa?'

Ah well, just a Monday morning rant.

I'm probably wrong.

If we solve the gay marriage issue everything else will fall into line, right?

Comments

Terry87 said…
Cliff, why do you want to help the terrorists?

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie