This Concludes Our Tour to Open Up 2012

So my last 3 posts have been about things I've tried hard to learn. We will get back to our regularly scheduled mess-I-make-of-things posts tomorrow. Wanted to conclude with Bruce lyrics of course.

Someone tell me, honestly, that he isn't a genius.

Across the Border

Tonight my bags are packed. Tomorrow I’ll walk these tracks that will lead me across the border.

Tomorrow my love and I will sleep beneath auburn skies – somewhere across the border.

We’ll leave behind, my dear, the pain and sadness we found here and we’ll drink from God’s Blessed Water.

Where the skies grow great and wide, we’ll meet on the other side somewhere across the border.

For you I’ll build a house, high upon a grassy hill, somewhere across the border.

Where pain and memory have been stilled there across the border.

And sweet blossoms fill the air in pastures of gold and green and roll down into clear, cool waters.

And in your arms beneath open skies, I’ll kiss the sorrow from your eyes there across the border.

Tonight, we’ll sing the songs and I’ll dream of you my love, and tomorrow my heart will be strong.

And may the saints blessing and grace carry me safely into your arms there across the border.

For what are we without hope in our hearts that someday we’ll drink from God’s Blessed waters. And eat the fruit from the vine. I know love and fortune will be mine – somewhere across the border.

The 'For what are we without hope in our hearts' may have been something I lifted for the News article, but Bruce wouldn't mind. It was all for good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie