The Shit House Poet


This is an actual port-a-lav from an actual jobsite here in lovely Buffalo. There were two reasons why I took the photo:

1). The walls were filled. Usually there are a couple of items on the walls, but this particular shithouse was a true canvas. It appears that a union carpenter and a non-union laborer were really pissed off about one another in regard to how they made their living and evidently, their sexual orientations.

2). Reason #2 was even more pronounced. It was because I actually read something I liked. A man perched on the opening wrote, at eye level:

"Every woman is a whore - except your mother - and don't ask your father about her."

I had seen said quote before, but I laughed anyway.

What goes through the mind of a man to write such stuff on a wall?

A couple of years ago I saw my own name on one of the walls:

"Cliff is a &*ckHead," was how I was honored.

"No he isn't!!" Someone wrote underneath it with a line pointing up.

So, I had one fan.

I stood back a little bit as I snapped the above photo. The language isn't very good. The spelling is worse, but the proud men were expressing themselves, right?

Finally, the one that drives me crazy.

"Shithouse tennis!" it says.

Under that is the instruction to "Look right!"

I always do it!

There it says, "Look Left!"

I always do it!

And I'm stuck playing shithouse tennis.

I played for 40 minutes one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie