Everybody Knows Your Name



Isn't that the best?

I may have gasped when I saw the above shot in Boston. How could you not if you're around my age?

Cheers was more than a great show, it was what we all talked about.

So, I was pretty excited to be there, and the owners of the place have done a nice job of re-creating the bar scene. In fact, the bar itself really seems to be the one they used on the show.

There are nameplates in front of each seat to let you know who sat where as if you really couldn't find Norm and Cliffy's spots.

I sat in Clavin's chair, of course, and ordered the Clavin sandwich. It was grilled cheese with roasted peppers and olives.

Not bad at all.

And there was a sandwich for each member of the cast, and a gift shop, and just a lot of really cool things to look at.

I thought of the nights when my brothers and I would watch the show and drink beer depending upon which name was called. We also might have played the same game in college.

They don't do shows like that anymore, you know? Now we get to watch talent shows and reality garbage.

Our waitress told us the story of the bar and why it came to be. We had entered the place around 11:30 and sort of had our run of the joint, but by the time we were leaving, it was packed.

I imagine it is wall-to-wall with people who visit.

Can't get enough of Clifford Clavin, right?

Comments

George said…
Congratulation on the award, your are the best writer I ever knew. You look right at home at the bar.
Anonymous said…
Thanks George...you would have looked good in Norm's seat.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie