Stuffed in a Wall

I said I wasn't going to do it, but I can't help myself. I read the articles on that poor Yale Student who was brutally murdered and stuffed into a wall at the Medical Center where she worked. She was preparing to be married, but she was killed instead.

And it all came to light because this morning I was buying the newspaper and on the cover of the Buffalo News was a photo of a principal stealing money from the school safe - the woman was caught on camera and they showed the photos to further drive her into despair.

On the cover of the USA Today was the poor woman from Yale.

There was another woman standing on line as we waited for an old man who was cashing in 7000 lottery tickets, and was having trouble doing so.

I glanced at each paper - "Hard to be uplifted with this crap staring me in the face," I said.

"All murder, mayhem and corruption," the woman said. "Sooner or later, it seems we're all going to be stuffed into a wall somewhere."

So, you see, I had to read the article.

I had to put myself through more misery, and I thought of that poor woman's mother and father and groom-in-waiting, and brothers, and sisters and I considered the cowardly bastard that killed her.

And my damn mood was miserable all day long.

Geez, I wonder why.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie