A Rose is Still a Rose

You saw it coming, didn't you?

Yesterday, my wife, when we all thought she was playing Farmville, went on the Internet and found a dog. Of course, as has been the custom it is a dog that is in need of a rescue, but the main theme is that she found one, and she made the contact with the owner, and long story short, the dog will be swinging by tomorrow for our consideration.

Then she informed the kids at an emergency family meeting. She said that we had to make sure it is a good fit first, but in the end, we're getting a second dog. "Melky was just too sad," Kathy said.

Then the fun started as we considered the name of our potential new family member.

Of course there are a number of Yankee names up for consideration - Derek, CC, Tex, Damon, Swisher - they are all open for discussion.

I was leaning towards Chien-Ming-Wang, but I was vetoed right off the bat.

Matt instantly yelled out T.O. and I used my veto power on that. Jake went with Michael Vick, but that one doesn't feel right yet either.

First off, it's a female dog. Secondly, I wouldn't hamper a dog with such a name.

I forget what we're down to now - I like Frankie because I had a dog named Frank years ago, and Frankie can work for a female dog. I believe Sam's entry is Oprah, Matt likes Ishmail, Kathy is going for Cocco, and Jake is kicking around either just plain Dog, or Bitch, or.....

"You know what a good dog name is?"

"What's that?" I asked, tiring of the constant stream of names being tossed at me.

"Clifford," he said. "And after you get done feeding it we can call it Clifford the Big, Fat Dog."

"Go to bed," I said, stifling a grin.

I'll keep you posted on how it all works out.

Comments

Corleone said…
My vote is murky (or murkie/murkey) shadow's replacement "murky and melky"

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie