Man I'm Tired!

The boys got on the bus this morning and I wasn't there to see it because I had to leave early for work. I wish I would have had my father's brain.

Before I left this morning I saw the boys and told them I expected at least a 95 average this year.

"Won't happen," Jake said.

Like Jake, I left the Catholic school after 6th grade and I was a little nervous about entering a new school.

My father woke me early all those years ago. For some reason he shook me awake without rousing any of my brothers and sisters.

Being that I was nervous about my new adventure I put on my new clothes and headed down the stairs.

"I'm tired," I said, but my father set the milk and cereal before me. He was smiling at me but I didn't think much of it.

"Are you nervous?" Dad asked.

"No, but man, I'm tired."

I started eating and it dawned on me that everyone else had school too. Why was I the only one up?

I turned and looked at the clock - it was 3:25 in the morning!

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

My father laughed. "I want a 95 average out of you this year. And some day you'll think this was funny."

I didn't get a 95 that year, but Dad was right about one thing - it was funny.

Comments

Larry L said…
That is great! I wish I had done this when my kids were little.
Gag said…
That is awesome. However, where was the clock??
Corleone said…
I laughed out loud, Cliffy. I sat here thinking of those days when Dad would wake me up and it was always special as a Dad could be. Cor he would knock softly and say..."today's your first day of high school or today is your first day of college...or birthday or getting married today..." I could go on, but NEVER did he wake me up early! Funny shit, Cliffy

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty