Let's See What Comes of This

Back-to-back real long days at work - you know the type of days - when you want to throw the freaking blackberry out the window just to see far how it will go.

It's interesting but isn't the United States the only country where we actually work ourselves to the nub like this? Don't they take siesta's in Mexico? Aren't they drinking wine by noon in Italy?

I suppose that it's a product of always wanting more and always trying to be productive for the freaking man. Yet I would love to meet the man who developed the five-day work week - I'd bash his head in with my lunch pail.

I definitely feel myself slowing down. For a lot of years there I did not bother to take off consecutive days - I'd get the holidays, the weekends and that was enough.

This year I've actually taken a couple of weeks of vacation and while it's been refreshing to a point, on days like today it doesn't seem to be near enough.

So, here I sit, waiting for some brilliant observation to show itself, but aware that it's 8:30 and I've had enough.

I don't even care about watching the end of the Yankee game or even the presidential address.

Nothing came of this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie