Dr. Seuss?

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Doing the usual writing dance this morning, I started my book-research by reading a little bit. I read a long story about a haunted house South of Buffalo, read the New York Times articles that interested me, caught a recap of a murder-suicide, and then moved onto a few motivational quotes.

I caught the above quote and couldn't believe that it was Dr. Seuss who had penned the line. The same guy who wrote Green Eggs and Ham?

Curious, I hit the button to bring up a few similar quotes.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.

Be who are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Yes, two more gems from Dr. Seuss.

With Mark Knopfler's expert guitar in the background, I was set to begin the writing experiment for the day.

Smile because it happened provided the perfect context in which to put one word down after another.

The words flowed. My heart was lifted by the positive tone of the words that I had read.

So glad that I skipped the recap of the man that murdered his two-year-old and instead concentrated on Dr. Seuss.

What's that they say - garbage in-garbage out?

Perhaps it's time to stop reading the garbage and break into the kid's books that are left for dust in the rec room downstairs.

Anyone have an extra copy of Horton Hears a Who?

Comments

John said…
If you're looking for suggestions, give me a call. "Oh, the Places You'll Go" is another good one.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie