Hold On, Brother, There's a Light Up Ahead

A few general observations...

--- Jessica Alba is pregnant and engaged. Tell me why that bothers me. I wasn't going to get her on even my best day. She wouldn't pick up her foot to step over me, and yet, when beautiful women celebrities find love, I am disappointed - as though there was a chance that perhaps we would be the only two people left on Earth and she might have needed me for companionship. As my wife said - it'll probably only last a year or so and she'll be back on the market - good, then I can breathe again.

--- Saw Bin Laden on tape yesterday. Can someone please explain to me why he is still around to taunt us? Ask someone in the Bush camp and they'll explain that Clinton should have got him in '97 - yeah, maybe, but it's hard to get him in the years since 9/11 when we stopped looking. Did you ever see someone confess in a game of hide and seek? Even my kids know that when they find a great hiding spot they need to stay there. They also know that when people stop looking it's okay to show your face once in awhile. I don't know - I just don't need to see him making tapes.

--- I'm reading the Game of Shadows about the steroid issue - only one thing to say - why are they trying to ruin what I thought was the greatest game ever invented? These steroid geniuses seemed a little like the dregs of society in the first place - and now they're glorified to boot.

--- Hold On, Brother, There's a Light Up Ahead - all of my life I have been fed the story of God and religion - and I pick and choose what I believe based on my limited understanding of the big picture - the one thing that I do understand is that there is always hope. Even when we are at our darkest there is a slight chance that the light approaching isn't that of an oncoming train. With the New Year right here, I continue to look for that light and I hope that anyone reading along finds the light in '08. Just stay hungry and stay alive and there's always that chance that the light will find your face.

Comments

I am wearing my sunglasses, anticipating that it's going to be pretty bright for me this year - and no, it won't be a train, I've already been hit. Once again, nice read.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie