God Gave Me Everything I Want

I suppose that I am difficult to buy for - if I can't read it or eat it, I don't really need much. My wife is in the difficult position of buying me clothes, but that doesn't matter, either - I pretty much wear everything the same. My sister says I look like Oscar Madison when I wear a suit. Half of my clothes have mustard stains on them, and I dress as though I am straddling the poverty line.

Whatever - God Gave Me Everything I Want.

He gave me a good wife, three great kids, a boatload of brothers, sisters and sister and brother in laws that I count as my dearest friends. He provided me with a mother and father who have guided me each step of the journey, and a mother and father-in law who bought into my act. He handed me unbelievable friends who've made me laugh for years, and two dogs who are loyal and comforting.

He Gave Me a heart that won't quit searching, and a desire to find some of the answers that are good for my soul.

He handed me health, happiness beyond belief, and a warm place to lay my head.

I suppose that the reason why I needed to write this down on Christmas Day is because it is the day when we reflect on these things - but I have a secret - I appreciate it everyday - it just might not look like it because I'm surly and poorly dressed - but without a shadow of a doubt- God Gave Me Everything I Want.

Comments

Thank you. You are amazing...

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie