Yard Work

Ollie has turned my backyard into a baseball field. His constant running back and forth to catch the ball has ruined the grass.

I tried turning the soil over and putting some seed down - don’t see much coming in.

Ollie has turned our fence into something that looks like a prison. He is adept at digging below it and slipping out so I had to line everything with landscaping bricks.

They’re heavy!

If I had razor wire I might try that.

And last night I push mowed the lawn but it was a little thick…the mower kept stalling and I had to yank the rope about 50 times.

Got a call from my neighbor.

“You’re working too hard out there. Is your mower old?”

“I’m old!” I answered.

And we needed facia work and a new window installed at the third floor.

I wasn’t doing that work!

Hired a couple of carpenter buddies and they’ve done a great job.

Next up is probably painting the garage again.

The weather side takes a beating.

And why do I bring it all up?

Cause it’s tiring!

We got to the first tee last weekend and my buddy said, “I’m so sore from yard work.”

That’s Buffalo in May, I suppose.

Takes until July to get everything looking all right and we start closing it all down in September.

“Why doesn’t your son mow it?” My neighbor asked.

“Cause he half-asses it,” I said.

She was still laughing as she hung up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie