Alarms Going Off Everywhere

So, I have a new vehicle already.

One of the advantages of spending 30 years with someone is that the roles are well-defined.

Kathy found a half-dozen vehicles that she knew would be good for me to slide right into.

She was also well aware that too much change all at once causes quite the mess in my mind.

The scene was set. I headed off to work in her vehicle which is monumental enough for me in the change department and she caught an Uber to the car dealership.

By 2:00 she said, “We’ve made a decision.”

It was actually the one I’d had at the top of the list last night, and she drove it and was convinced.

“What do I have to do?”

“Sign and pay,” she said. “They’ll work with your schedule.”

I drove the broken-down vehicle to the dealership (it barely made it) and removed my Springsteen seat covers and Yankee floor mats.

I didn’t say more than 30 words at the dealership, and signed my name 40 times and then we got into the car.

I didn’t have my E-Z-Pass or my satellite radio.

There was an oil change sticker in the upper left corner, and the display was all different.

I didn’t know how to turn up the air or turn down the radio.

There was a small “i” showing on the dashboard because the oil change reset button hadn’t been updated.

I started peeling at the oil change sticker as I was driving and Kathy yelled at me.

“I have to! I’m having OCD overload right now! There are alarms going off everywhere.”

And a little while later, I finished up dinner and couldn’t find Kathy.

Went to the driveway and found her sitting in the car.

“I updated the satellite and moved some of your stuff into position.”

An hour later, I had played two rounds of catch with Ollie and settled in to relax a little bit.

I might be able to make it through the purchase of a new vehicle after all.

I was even able to sleep.

Change.

It ain’t for the meek!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie