Pushing the Elephant

I was sitting in a meeting with OSHA.

My phone buzzed.

I hit the message to decline the call. Messaged the guy to give me ten.

Buzzed again.

Text from the guy sitting across from me at the meeting. As I was reading it, my phone buzzed again - another client.

Sent him to voicemail.

Went back to the text and two texts from Kathy came through.

“Bah!” I said.

Everyone in the meeting looked up.

“Want to throw this freaking thing out the window.”

Within a half an hour, I took the tally.

5 missed calls and 6 texts.

Six hours later, I was throwing the ball for Oliver. He had zero clue that I’d spent the entire day pushing an elephant up the stairs.

He didn’t care either.

All he was worried about was catching the next ball off the garage.

I felt a little better about the world, but thought about how bad a day it was, but not for me.

I had to investigate another bad accident and I met with a couple of sons who rescued their Dad - for now - from a bad situation.

It’s going to be a long recovery if the man is able to do it.

A little perspective was what was needed.

My back and legs were aching.

Thump-Thump-Thump

I threw the ball, and Ollie brought it back.

There were more reports to write.

Thump-Thump-Thump.

The elephant is still stuck on the second step in the long ass staircase…

…but tomorrow is Friday.

Freaking elephant will be there.

He never makes it all the way up.

🐘 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie