Scroll On By

The shooting in Texas?

I heard about it and made an immediate decision to just skip it.

I scrolled by the details.

I ignored Ted and Heidi telling us how they’re fervently praying.

Skipped the ‘it’s mental health!’

Or doors, or ‘soft targets’, or ‘forks don’t make you fat’ or ‘what about cars?’ morons.

I can do without all of that.

And as a thoughtful citizen of America…

…I felt a little like a selfish coward.

But it’s clear to me:

The argument is pointless.

A portion of the citizenry has decided:

“Your death doesn’t concern me. I want my weapons of war.”

And that is sad in and of itself, but it isn’t representative of how the majority of the country feels.

An overwhelming majority of Americans want this to stop by any means necessary.

DO SOMETHING!

But the decision-makers in certain states have sold their votes.

Thoughts and prayers?

Please.

Claiming to pray for something that you have the power to change isn’t anything more than a lie.

So, I scroll on by.

I did see one comment by a contributor to Fox News.

One of the Fox suckers said that:

“You should be ready to kill everyone you meet.”

He was talking about the need for more guns.

Obviously, the more guns argument isn’t working. There are plenty of guns out there.

There was an armed guard at the outlet mall.

Everyone in Texas has a damn gun.

Didn’t stop that scene from unfolding.

Maybe the guns need guns.

Sad.

I scrolled on by.

Because in the end, they just don’t care.

And praying about it won’t work.

It’s God’s will…

…according to some real morons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie