What A Weekend!

At 8:00 on Sunday evening I raised my sore body off the couch to find the damn dog.

He had raced in, grabbed something, and raced back outside.

I came around the corner of the house and noticed a couple of things:

1). Ollie was digging a hole.

2). I had surprised him - his eyes were like saucers.

3). He had Humpy (named for obvious reasons) beside the hole. (Humpy is a 3’ caterpillar). He was digging a big hole.

He was burying his former lover!

And the weekend was wild for Ollie - he caught 520 balls off the garage from me. Sam threw him another 200.

We had a window replaced and the facia finally completely replaced.

I put down mulch.

Played a round of golf (still not in complete sync - but getting there).

Visited with Mom.

Took Kathy to dinner on Saturday and made her dinner, did laundry and vacuumed on Sunday.

And for a couple of glorious hours on Saturday when I picked up my phone I got the message:

“I-Phone Unavailable for 59 minutes.”

Which, of course, sent off panic alarms. I can’t work without a phone! I can’t even check the box scores.

I called Apple and they told me to turn it off and on again. 

I did and the phone went from unavailable for 44 minutes back to unavailable to one hour.

We tried resetting the phone - Apple support on the computer texting me information.

It wouldn’t work!

She broke the bad news - I needed to take it to the Apple Store. 

“The phone may need to be replaced.”

We made the appointment. I sat in silence. Felt naked. I didn’t have a phone!

I checked the phone.

“Unavailable for 33 minutes.”

“Re-start it again,” Kathy suggested.

“What if I wait the 33 minutes?”

“That isn’t gonna’ work.”

I ignored the phone.

35 minutes later, I turned it over. 

It was on!

Like nothing happened.

So, all in all, a fun-filled, tiring weekend of sun and fun…

…and Humpy is right beside me.

Spared from being buried alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie