Random Acts

Every time I feel a tad despondent about the negative news we are fed, over and over…

…someone in my life does something nice for me and helps bring me back around.

There were six mass shootings around the country - in just the last two weeks.

Have you noticed that the media coverage of such events has slowed to barely a drip?

There was one in Mississippi that barely registered. I think there were six people killed.

Well, for me, that was the week I was in Florida, and my friends and my boss, all went out of their way to make sure I had a good time.

Making the birdie putt after a 183 yard dart to within 3’ would’ve been nice, but I gagged the putt.

And then, while I was away, my wife snapped a photo for me.

A baseball, signed by Yankees manager, Aaron Boone:

“To Cliff, We will win! Aaron Boone.”

Compliments of my cousin Susan!

Just a wonderful gesture!

The internet has been great for one thing, for sure…

…keeping in touch with family and friends.

I read about the train derailment with a heavy heart.

Thought about the people who will suffer for that great tragedy.

Then my boys came by for dinner…

…and I made cutlets and enough for Jake to take some home for the week.

I threw 320 passes for Ollie - most were baseball throws but we mixed in the football too.

As Ollie brought the ball back to me…

…so filled with energy…

…I could feel his happiness.

Life is all right.

Gotta’ take the good over the bad.

Not easy, but the love is there.

Find it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie