Does Your Wife Play?

Tiger Woods seems to be in a little hot water because he handed a tampon to the guy he was golfing with after beating the guy’s drive.

The two men laughed, but the camera had caught it.

I read a column about how Tiger was solely responsible for denigrating women golfers.

He has since apologized.

As I read the article bashing Woods, I had two words on repeat in my head:

“Come on!”

I’ve been soundly whipped by a female on the tennis court and on the basketball court.

I learned a long time ago that there are women athletes who are better than me at golf, tennis, softball, swimming, diving, hoops…

…but man, that has never entered my mind when Pops misses a putt cause he left it short and I say:

“Does Jill play too?”

I’ve popped up drives and I immediately waited for JC to say:

“Nice drive, Nancy.”

We are not trading these barbs to denigrate every single woman athlete everywhere!

We are just making fun of our buddy.

It’s a joke!

God, I miss jokes.

And while I’m all for not being malicious and destroying people’s self-confidence…

…not every damn thing is an outrage.

The columnist who took Woods to the wood shed brought up his failed marriage and his lousy treatment of women as he cheated on his marriage.

Perhaps she was reading a bit much into it.

Tiger was just busting stones.

I’m thinking of grabbing a tampon or two to hand out the next time Scott hooks one into Weiser corner.

We’ll laugh.

And move on.

Like we all used to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie