Grab an Uber?

We spent about a week in the hospital last night waiting for Kathy to be discharged.

It was all going so swimmingly, and we had a good plan worked out. I had a training session that was supposed to be over around 3:00 and I was heading straight to the hospital.

“Don’t rush over,” Kathy texted. “I need bloodwork done before I get discharged. Go home and let the dog out.”

So, Ollie got a game in.

He caught 48 out of 50 and was pissed about the game being over.

Headed back to the hospital.

“Gonna’ be awhile,” I was told.

We watched a true crime show.

Left to get Sam from work and returned to find that the front entrance to the hospital was closed. Had to walk about a half a mile to the emergency room entrance.

Back to the room.

“I’ll be back with the discharge papers in 15,” the nurse said.

We packed everything up. Kathy got dressed to go.

45 minutes passed.

A different nurse popped her head in:

“Just hold tight for a little while longer. We are short handed and it’s busy.”

Ten minutes later our nurse returned, and told me I was good to get the car and park in front of emergency.

A ten p.m. stroll in 18 degree weather.

Sat in the lot for 20 more minutes.

We finally walked through the door of our home at 10:45…

…7 hours later than we thought.

But we’re home for the weekend.

“Want to go bowling tomorrow?” I asked.

“Shut-up,” Kathy said. “Sick of you already.”

We laughed.

Going to be a long weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie