Bruuuuuccceee & the Yankees

The two constants in my life have been Bruce and the Yankees for the past 40 years.

On Saturday, they both played a role.

The Buffalo show is now only 26 days away. I didn’t have tickets until Saturday morning, and just as I thought, the crazy high prices on the day of the sale, due to dynamic pricing, was back under control.

I haven’t sat in the upper level seats since about 1985 and wasn’t about to for this - my 35th Bruce show.

On Saturday I found 4 seats and they were reasonable. I pulled the trigger with a little sadness mixed with the excitement.

Sad because of those who won’t be there. Kathy won’t be ready for prime time. John is also banged up. Carrie is out of town. And of course, Jeff will be there with us in spirit, but won’t be seated beside me…

…but his son, Johnny will!

John is a HUGE Springsteen fan and this will be his first show. I texted him a copy of his ticket and he screamed:

“LET’S F***ING GO!!!!!!”

And I can explain how much fun he will have, and he’s watched a lot of clips, but he’s still in for the an amazing night…

…and that excites the hell out of me. I’ll also be watching with my brother Jim beside me and Pops and JC are going too.

I can’t wait!

I want to hear, “If I Was A Priest” or anything off of ‘Western Stars’ but I know that it was money well spent.

And to top it off, the Yankees opened up the training camp schedule with a game against the hapless Phillies.

February is almost over.

Bruce is visiting.

The Yankees start the season a week later.

The patient is on the mend and we’re talking about Florida for a week of recovery.

LET’S F***ING GO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie