🥶 🥶 🥶 🥶 🥶 🥶 🥶

Man!

“It’s a tad nipply.”

As Chevy Chase one said in Christmas Vacation while greeting a rather chesty woman convenience store clerk.

And I know it’s February when I sit on the edge of the bed with Miller the cat 🐈‍⬛ as we discuss the day ahead.

“It’s cold,” I mention, and Miller purrs.

And I pull on the long underwear and a couple of pairs of socks and I dread all of it.

But it makes me think of my Grandpa Clifford who worked on the railroad. We were all at the house one time as he returned from work and he was removing layer after layer of clothing.

I asked him why he wore so many clothes.

“It’s Buffalo,” he said. “Freezing my ass off.”

Now I know.

And on Wednesday morning, I met a group of men who are all of Hispanic heritage. When I speak to them I need a translator.

I say it and then wait as the translator shares my message.

At the end of the meeting I said, in very clear English:

“I’m freezing my f***ing ass off!”

All 75 guys laughed.

“You understood that, huh?”

Then I watched a couple of guys climb into an aerial lift that took them about 40’ in the air.

They looked cold.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie