Dilbert & Television & Rehab

We suddenly have time for a lot of television again. That’s what rehabbing hips do for you.

And I’m thinking of changing my name to ‘Would you?’ As that’s how every sentence begins.

“Would you get me a drink?”

“Would you grab me a blanket?”

“Would you get the pets out of the path to the bathroom?”

I certainly don’t want to watch the news these days, but I’ve caught some of the periphery bullshit.

Woody Harrelson has long been a favorite of mine and he made the news because of his SNL monologue where he seemed to buy into the Covid conspiracy that made it seem like it was all a ploy by Big Pharma and the media worked with them to trick people into believing it was true.

(The millions who died believe it).

I’m not clear if it was a joke as Woody is a fairly open liberal but I didn’t read a whole lot into it because I love Woody in every movie he’s ever done and he’s said some really bright things through the years.

Then there’s Dilbert.

The comic strip creator - I don’t even know his name - went on a racist rant that I listened to.

He implored white people to stay away from black people because it’s a losing proposition to even try to get along.

The consequences of his words were swift as Dilbert was immediately removed from hundreds of news sites.

His next move is to talk about how he’s being cancelled.

This isn’t complicated.

Step one - say something repulsive

Step two - get pushback

Step three - get fired

Step four - claim you’re the victim.

We are all free to say why we want - the government isn’t throwing anyone in jail for the ignorant words that come out of the mouths of the ill-informed.

But consequences are real!

The creator of Dilbert and even Woody, for that matter, should take their time…

…and consider one thing…

…you don’t have to verbalize your every thought.

But if you do.

Deal with how it’s received.

Because you’re the one who started it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie